Pierce Morley-Barnes, of Cricket World®, writes about his progress as an aspiring county cricketer...

Monday 9 June 2008

Now I Have Something In Common With Gooch And Vaughan...

With no games this weekend, for once I had a chance to rest up and take my mind of cricket for the first time in ages. This might be a good thing as I have been getting way to worked up about my game and really do need to relax and enjoy the game again.

There has been little cricket of late, apart from the old spot of office cricket where I was adjudged out having handled the ball after attempting a ‘Misbah’ paddle sweep off the bowling of John Pennington.

I was told yesterday by my Dad that he is actually playing at Lord's this week for a select corporate team, which I am very envious about…even though because he didn’t get me a place on the starting line-up, I can claim that I let him play over me as his father’s day present!

Today my new kit has arrived, I haven’t had the best bats this year with Gray-Nicolls and Bradbury, but now my full time sponsor from Kookaburra will hopefully be a good one. I have gone for the Blade range, which Owais Shah uses. If I can have anything like the amount of success with it that he has then I will be a happy boy.

Next for me is training on Thursday where I will try and impress my new team-mates again, and then matches on both Saturday and Sunday. This weekend, I really can feel the runs and have found some confidence in myself again after a few decent performances.

No comments: