Pierce Morley-Barnes, of Cricket World®, writes about his progress as an aspiring county cricketer...

Monday 18 February 2008

Counting Down To The New Season...

With the season drawing ever closer, I am afraid to say that I have not actually played that much cricket. I am slightly worried because of this, but maybe it might work out for the best as I usually worry about my game too much building up to the season. By not focusing on my cricket so much over the winter, it may allow me to start where I left last season, which was scoring runs.

I know that probably last week was the final week where I am going to be cricket free, as I am going to start going to regular training sessions with Mark Fell and work on my final weaknesses before the start of the season.

The 2008 season is a pretty big year for me, as I have to improve on a fantastic year last year. I also want to play as many county second team games as possible. Later on in a future ‘Blog’ I shall put my 2008 all round aims.

I have started doing some fitness training by going for runs so that later on in a match I am not so fatigued, meaning that I can continue to play at the best of my ability right until the end. I have actually played more tennis and football than cricket, which is helping with my hand-eye co-ordination and my general fitness levels.

It is with great pleasure to say that I have not had a KFC across the road since my last Blog, I realise now that what you eat is very important when aspiring to be a professional cricketer and my fitness guru ‘JP’ has again cut me down on the amount of sugar I have in a tea or coffee during the day!

The desire to play cricket again is burning and I actually can’t wait to get a bat in my hand and hit a few balls in the nets, looking to produce a phenomenal year again.

No comments: